Friday, March 27, 2009

Jacket Rah Rah


THIS PICTURE IS A LESSON.
A lesson about how working really hard on something will make you okay with wearing its swag.

I have a long, long history of being down on swag. Of brutally mocking poor grips & stagehands wearing rental house or gear company or gig tour shirts. I even call it SCHWAG sometimes.
I even told Dave Horwitz when I got this jacket how sad I was that they ruined a perfectly good plain jacket with words that would make strangers talk to me in coffee shops and grocery stores.
But guess what?

I wore this jacket in public today! To work even!
Because guess what??
I AM gonna do those things! And I think I'm proud of it. Ask me. Ask me. Ask me about what my jacket says.

Okay. Time to drive 5 hours to camp 2 days to train for 80 miles.

3 comments:

Sash said...

I want a jacket that says "If God had wanted us to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, then run 26.2 miles, he would have made us Becca Kinskey."

Justine said...

"They ruined a perfectly good plain jacket with words that would make strangers talk to me in coffee shops and grocery stores." I'm putting this on a jacket.

Colin Hughes said...

you never update...i'm officially going to stop coming here.