Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Get Knocked Down

Remember yesterday when I was shaking, worried about spending more than $500 on a bike?
Today I went to the gym and did an hour on the stationary bike. That experience gave me no less than six reasons I have not only ZERO objection left to spending that much, but in fact an EAGERNESS to spend at least a good $900 to never have to live through that again. In no particular order, those reasons are:

1. "Tubthumping" - Chumbawumba
2. "1985" - Bowling for Soup, apparently
3. bizarre "I Just Can't Get Enough" remix
4. "American Idiot" - Green Day
5. no one would play racquet ball directly in front of my bike! only two courts over, where I could only see the ball every 10th hit!
6. BRUISES ON BOTH BUTT BONES.

It should be noted, however - as a surprise even to myself - that "Beautiful People" has a much more complex bridge than I had ever realized, and that I like that song. Huh.

Note to everyone ever: barring permanent winter, nuclear winter, being part of a Space Station Crew, or large money being in the bargain, never get on a stationary bike. It will not be worth it.

I made the hour though! Already, the MIND of a triathlete!

1 comment:

Becca said...

WOW! You commented! THANKS! JAIME! I'm so enthused!

Now give me money!