Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fact Potpourri !

Oh yes, things I've been meaning to write down and not forget:

-it took extra detergent and a long soak to get my exercise clothes to NOT smell even after being washed.

-the pile of exercise clothes threatened to become as large as the pile of real clothes!

-I only have one pair of socks right now! I don't know where the others went. It's been like this for three weeks. I won't tell you what I do, but trust that it's not as gross as it sounds. Or maybe it is. Sock hygiene is as relative as it is personal.

-It's really hard to eat Powerbars quickly on the bike - chewing makes breathing harder, and breathing is incredibly precious. I can eat half a Powerbar in about three bites, so this is the routine: cut Powerbars in half, in the wrapper. Shove four halves in your jersey (right) pocket. This is enough food for four hours - until you can get to your special needs bag at Mile 56. Most importantly: when you take the half-bar and tear its wrapper off with your teeth while riding, take your bite and then stick the rest of it onto the top of your top tube. It just hangs out, stuck to your bike, until you have chewed and breathed. This is my favorite thing after peeing in my wet suit.

-our coach said when it's hot, wear a white hat on the run (I already do! Pro without knowing it, gosh), and "you can stick ice up there!" Have I become a boring jock or is that a super cute way to say that? Really amused.

-Jocks are boring. Empirically now, we know this. We suspected it, and now we know. I am boring.

No comments: