Friday, March 27, 2009

Green Hills Ahoy


That's Lake San Antonio! I am excited today, though still a bit nervous for May. I'm not nervous about this weekend. I've been wanting to camp, this is good. I have 10 gallons of water, a bike, shoes n junk, a cooler of food etc etc in the car out the window behind my back in the parking lot, waiting for me to get done working . . .

The schedule for this weekend of fun is:
today, Friday
6 pm - drive up to Monterey County after work
11 pm - pitch my tent & go the heck to sleep

Saturday
6 am - Breakfast & packing lunch ! Pack. Lunch. Fun. To remember!
6:45 am - Roll Call. More kid stuff! More fun!
7:15 am - Swim Clinic in the Lake!
7:30 am - Swim 1.2 miles !
8:15 am - Bike Clinic
8:30 am - Bike 56 miles !

AND then a break I guess! I brought T.S. Eliot's "On the Problem of Pain" to read...but maybe I'll just eat, pass out, eat & nap instead.

5 pm - Dinner. Probably my favorite part of the weekend!
7 pm - Meeting & it is rumored a talent show - I am not sure what I'll do. I'm good with Excel. And. Uh. Embarrassing myself. Which is. Neither a talent nor immediately reproducable. Uh. Huh.

Sunday
6 am - Breakfast. 6 am again, consistent, I can hang with that.
7:45 am - Run Clinic
8 am - Run. Thirteen. Point. One. Miles. Furthest I've ever gone.
12 noon - Optional Swim. Huh. That's...weird.
2 pmm - Break down & go home.


I think any real anxiety is coming from the fundraising email I am about to send out - I hate asking / I hope it goes well / I need it to go well / eXtreme deadline / I don't have the money to pay the difference in two weeks if I'm not able to raise enough. Yikes. It's just a bit distracting, but I suppose is also the point.

Guess what? I'm hungry!

ONE MORE TIDBIT IN THIS SPRAWL OF AN ENTRY:
Josie Campbell calls Ironman "Death Race." This is one of those things that makes my face warm in embarrassment & pride at once.

1 comment:

Josie said...

I DO call it that! Make us proud/make me shake my head in bewilderment.