Friday, March 27, 2009

Title = Brain Mush

Feeling restive - am packing & unsuccessfully sleeping the night before travelling to Lake San Antonio for Wildflower Weekdend, Wildflower being the half-Ironman course I will be running on May 2, in prep for the real event in August. This weekend we camp + train and it's all snuck up on me pretty quickly. I think I qualify as nervous.

I've never had to study much, and never had to do overly much prep for any assignment; winging it is where I feel most comfortable, and I am generally unproductive until the pressure of time is non-negotiable. I don't mean that I put off term papers until the night before. I mean that I stay up til 1 am screwing around, take a shower at 1:30 and start to outline in my head, and then get up at 5 am to write the thing itself. So to some degree, the freaking out I'm doing a bit here - in one month I'll be swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles & running 13.1 miles in one day - is familiar: I know its time to get serious. But I'm afraid I'm still not. Or haven't been and this is the time that everything that's always worked isn't going to work.

Or maybe I'm being too hard on myself.
I also think I'm hungry.

No comments: